Thursday 29 October 2009

Exhibition Location


Yesterday I went to both Sheffield and Manchester to check out some of the galleries there. I needed to find a place to hold my grids exhibition and I got loads of research on exhibition booklets, type sizes and spaces. The gallery I have decided to host the exhibition at is the Millennium Gallery in Sheffield. It is ideally located as it is close to Sheffield station and therefore easy to get to. It will take place in the Crafts & Design room as I felt this was most appropriate. The room is basically a very tall rectangle so I will be able to design 4 wall panels and maybe fit some free standing ones in the middle of the room. Unfortunately I couldn't get into the actual room because they were just about to put up a new exhibition, but I went once before in the 1st year and can remember what it was like. Look at my post on the design context blog for more on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment