Friday 30 October 2009

MuseumSheffield Brand

Urgh I just spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to figure out the font used on the MuseumSheffield logo! Thank god for whatthefont because identifont is crap. The body copy on all the publications is set in various weights of Futura but the logo is set in Filosofia Bold. This font is distinct for its 'ffi' ligature. I managed to get my hands on a copy after needlessly writing an embarrassing letter to The Cafeteria (the agency in charge of all of their designs) begging for the logo eps's. Unfortunately, my copy then lacked the ligatures so I had to spend a while reconstructing the logo. Heres how they turned out...

The original:


My version:


The original:


My version:


Oops, needs more kerning & the double s needs to be bigger:


Not too bad! Now I have two lovely .eps files to use for all my exhibition branding, yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment